The Art Students League of Denver provides an inclusive art community where professional artists guide individuals of all abilities to reach their highest potential. We are committed to having an environment that is courteous, respectful and welcoming to all our instructors, students, members, volunteers, staff and visitors, regardless of race, ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, and ability. We foster a community that celebrates all artistic creation and a diversity of media.
In order to fulfill our mission and live out these values, ASLD does not permit:
- Harassment of any nature (sexual, physical or verbal)
- Smoking, vaping, illegal drug use, and/or possession of weapons
- Alcohol consumption except that provided at ASLD sponsored events
- Talking on cell phones during a course, or talking loudly on a cellphone in the buildings
- Use of toxic materials (please see Safe Art for more info)
- Animals other than service dogs (as defined by the ADA)
- Behavior deemed disruptive to our community
Anyone not complying with these guidelines will be asked to leave ASLD, and may be restricted from future access to ASLD programs, events and facilities. We comply with Colorado laws and work with our cultural peers, community partners and law enforcement to enact safety measures.