As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, the Art Students League of Denver (ASLD) has the following policies in place for the organization’s sustainability:
Enrolling at the Art Students League of Denver constitutes your agreement that ASLD cannot be held liable for any act or injury, illness, death, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may occur during the course of any program, including open studio time. Personal effects, artwork and art supplies are the students’ sole responsibility at all times.
ASLD reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any program or terminate any student’s enrollment in the event of unreasonable or disruptive conduct or failing to follow ASLD’s policies and rules.
PUBLICITY WAIVER: Unless otherwise informed, ASLD considers photographs taken on-site of students, members, faculty, volunteers or their artwork to be permissible for publication in ASLD promotional materials, including electronic formats.
Course Cancellation & Refund Policy:
When courses are cancelled by ASLD
When ASLD must cancel a course for any reason (weather, low registration), 100% of Course tuition and fees will be refunded to the student. Low enrolled courses will be cancelled at least 48 hours in advance and KIDArt Summer Camps will be cancelled at least one week in advance. Every effort will be made to reschedule courses cancelled due to weather.
For Cancellations Requested by Students:
When a student cannot attend a course and cancels his/her/their registration
- Membership and Material Fees are NOT Refundable.
- Refunds* will be issued ONLY for cancellation requests received at least 10 days prior to the start of your course. *75% of tuition will be refunded.
- KIDArt Summer Camps are NON-Refundable. Please speak with our registration staff to select camp dates and supervised care services.
- *NEW*—Class Transfer Policy: There will be a $5 fee for course transfers. Transfer requests must be received at least 10 days prior to the start of your course. In lieu of a monetary refund, students may transfer into another course if it is available. If the tuition and fees of the newly selected course total more than the cancelled registration, the student is responsible for the difference and owes the balance before the transfer is finalized. If the tuition and fees of the selected course total less than the cancelled registration, no credit or refund is given for the difference.
- Refunds/Credits are NOT given for student absences. A student may not make up missed classes.
- NO refunds will be given if a substitute artist teaches a class due to the temporary absence of the scheduled faculty member.
If your request is outside the required timeframe, or if you simply prefer to convert your tuition payment to a donation, we will gladly issue a charitable donation acknowledgement letter by your request in lieu of a refund or transfer.
To request a refund
Please email Aubrey Ryan, Customer Service & Database Manager at email@example.com (preferred).
Stop by or call our office at 303.778.6990 x0 at least 10 days prior to the start of the course to speak with our registration staff. In your message, please include the name of the course you wish to drop and a brief explanation for your request. ASLD reserves the right to refuse any refund request (except on cancelled classes).
Refunds will be made to the student by credit card or check. Please allow up to 2 weeks for refunds to be processed, while checks may take up to 4 weeks for processing. Please log in to verify your address or contact our office for help.