ACCESSIBILITY AT THE EXHIBIT
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BOXING DAY: A HOLIDAY SALON
Open Call for Artwork by ASLD members
Exhibition Dates: November 4–December 11, 2022
Location: Art Students League of Denver, 200 Grant St.
Opening Reception: Friday, November 4 | 5:30-8:30PM
Call for Entry: October 10-15
Artwork Dropoff: October 21-22
Our annual salon-style holiday exhibit returns with a twist on giving. Inspired by the British tradition of Boxing Day, members of ASLD are invited to create small works within a box for this open-call exhibit—though we encourage you to think outside the box! Boxing Day was once a traditional gift-giving day that has since become more commonly known as a shopping day. Celebrated all over the world, it encouraged curated, intentional gifting.
The objective of this exhibit is to explore and interpret the art of the gift, the art of the gift-filled box, giving & receiving, the art of the box, intention, tiny art, purposeful giving, and even the element of surprise! While you’re welcome to address themes related specifically to the history of Boxing Day, it is not a requirement and is open for interpretation. This exhibit is an open call show for current members of ASLD. All pieces should be priced at $250 or less with holiday gift-giving in mind.
Please select the Call for Entry Digital Form and complete the form if you have a Google account (i.e. Gmail).
For artists that DO NOT have a Google account, please select the Call for Entry PDF Form. Completed PDF forms can be returned via email to email@example.com. Please attach a photo of your artwork along with the PDF. PDF forms may also be dropped off at the Registration Office.
- Each artist must complete the Open Call Entry and Label forms online or in-person at the Registration office at time of drop-off. Submission form will close when there is no longer space available.
- Only one submission per artist.
- Emphasis for this exhibit will be placed on 3D works, with a limited number of 2D works accepted as space allows.
- Please attach a photo of your piece with your online submission form.
- Artwork should not exceed dimensions of 12x12x12
- Work must be ready to hang or install.
- Pedestals will be provided if necessary. Any additional equipment needed for display must be provided by the artist.
- Artwork submitted for this exhibition can be available for sale at the discretion of the artist, with ASLD retaining a 40% commission on sales. Artwork should be priced for holiday gift-giving and may not exceed $250.00.
- All photographs or works on paper must be framed.
- NO plastic frames. Black or neutral-toned frames only.
- Frames must be in good condition.
- Works on canvas must be framed or have gallery-wrapped, finished edges with no visible staples.
- Hanging wire must be firmly attached to the back with screw-eyes or D-rings Wire should not exceed the top of the frame.
- NO saw-tooth hangers.
- It is recommended that submitted works be wrapped in a protective material such as paper or bubble wrap (wrapping will not be returned).
- Submissions that do not meet the theme and/or submission guidelines of the exhibit will be excluded at the discretion of ASLD and/or exhibition curator.