Onsite fall courses will resume Tuesday, September 1. In support of our community’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Art Students League of Denver has developed procedures in accordance with guidelines from state & local government. Changes to our space and onsite classes will include:
● Masks are required in the building, including while entering & exiting and throughout classes.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds. CDC handwashing guidelines
● Our entrances, exits, and staircases will now be one-way. Please follow the directional flow indicated by decals.
● Practice physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between you and others.
● During the month of August, onsite registration will not be available. You must register for your course prior to the first day. You can register online here or call (303) 778-6990 x0.
● Bring your own materials to class and do not share materials.
● Communal spaces such as water fountains, vending machines, and refrigerators will be closed. Please plan accordingly.
● If you aren’t feeling well or have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, stay home.
● If you, or someone you’ve been in contact with, test positive for COVID-19, do not come to ASLD for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative.
● After taking an in-person class, if you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of being inside our building, you agree to inform ASLD staff so contact tracing may begin as soon as possible.
Watch our Fall 2020 welcome back video.
Learn about our new studio protocols
Covid-19 Building Operations FAQs
If someone who was in the building tests positive for COVID-19, and they were in the building at the same time as you, you’ll be contacted immediately.
Yes, in-person class capacity will be limited to allow for 6 feet distance between participants. We’ll also stagger start and end times to limit the number of people in our building at once.
In addition, our whole community will be responsible for keeping our studios clean. At the end of your class, we ask that you use the provided disinfectant to wipe down any communal items (like easels, wheels, etc.) so each room is prepped and ready for the next class.
All building and studio standards listed above apply to kids & teens.
Yes. You must wear a mask at all times. If you need a mask break during your class time, we ask that you step outside and enjoy our garden area. We appreciate your thoughtfulness and help in keeping your ASLD community safe!
If you notice someone in our building not wearing a mask, we ask that you not intervene. Please notify a staff member.
If you are unable to wear a mask, please let a staff member know as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate you. If someone in your class is not wearing a mask, please notify a staff member and we willaddress the situation.
No, members of the public are not currently allowed in our building—only staff members and students attending class can enter. If you would like to set up an appointment to visit, please email email@example.com .
Our primary interest is the safety and wellbeing of every member of our community. Thanks for your support as we navigate this time.
We also ask that you keep in mind that ASLD is a nonprofit organization and must be mindful of our financial viability. To help support this viability, you may donate your tuition from a cancelled course to ASLD as a tax-deductible donation. You can also make a donation here. We recognize that this crisis is impacting our entire community, so we’ve compiled a list of resources for artists.
Please continue to check this page for the most up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 and ASLD operations. You can also subscribe to our email list to receive updates from us. We are closely monitoring the situation and will base any operating decisions on recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health. You can review the Center for Disease Control’s guidelines for prevention here.