ENCAUSTIC OPEN STUDIO
Practice your encaustic art using ASLD's tried-and-true encaustic studio setup.
$15 per session
ASLD provides —
- heat gun
You will need to bring all other supplies —
- tins, etc.
Prepare your boards (if needed) and bring your ideas to explore with other encaustic artists.
Encaustic open studio takes place in our Annex building, adjacent to our main facility, during the Fall and Winter/Spring sessions (sorry, no summer sessions available).
- Current membership required. Please login to confirm your membership, or purchase/renew yours to join a session.
- You must register BEFORE attending an open encaustic studio session.
- Required Prerequisite*—Basic Encaustic Techniques workshop with Victoria Eubanks
- Always show respect to the model, the session monitor, all equipment, the space and your fellow students.
* For liability reasons, this required course ensures all students understand safety techniques, studio protocols and encaustic tools.
CLEAN STUDIO POLICY
Keep things clean, folks! Clean studios are everyone’s responsibility, especially if you choose to work independently. Our students and faculty depend on a clean and organized space so that everyone can maximize their creative time.
Please help us keep our studios ready for the next student group by returning all equipment and tools to their designated places after use, and always wipe down and sweep work areas. Thank you!