SKETCHY: DEDICATED TO THE ART OF THE SKETCH
Open Call for Artwork by ASLD members & faculty
Exhibition Dates: January 12-February 26, 2024
Location: Art Students League of Denver, 200 Grant St.
Opening Reception: Friday, January 12, 2024 | 5:30-8:00PM
Call for Entry: Monday, November 20-Sunday December 17, 2023
Artwork Dropoff: Monday, December 18-Friday, December 22, 2023
ARTWORK BY FAATMA BE ONÉ
For Sketchy: Dedicated to the Art of the Sketch, we’re inviting members of the ASLD community to share works that celebrate figure drawing in all forms: gesture drawings, drawings of the human form in any of its various shapes and postures using any drawing media. Give us your short pose, your long pose…give us your quick and loosely drawn works. Give us your texture, your shapes, your tonal gradation. Give us your contours, your monochrome, your brightly colored figures! While there is an emphasis on figure drawings, this exhibit also welcomes works of still life, landscape, abstract, elaborate doodles, and creative study.
Submissions for this exhibit are now open and will remain open through December 17. See below for the submission form and full entry guidelines.
For any questions or concerns regarding submission or the drop-off process, please refer to the Artwork Loan Agreement Form or contact Holly K. Hurd, Community Engagement & Exhibitions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303)778-6990 ext. 1108.
- Each artist must complete the Open Call Entry and Label forms for entry online or in-person at the Registration office at time of drop-off (linked above).
- Artists must have an active membership with ASLD to participate in the exhibit.
- Please attach a photo of your piece with your online submission form.
- Art work should not exceed dimensions of 24″x30″
- Work must be ready-to-hang or install; please note that for this exhibit we will accept both framed and unframed works.
- Submit unframed works protected in an envelope or folder. This is also how your work will be returned to you.
- Pedestals will be provided if necessary. Any additional equipment needed for display must be provided by the artist.
- For this exhibit, framed and unframed works will be accepted.
- NO plastic frames. Black or neutral toned frames only.
- Frames must be in good condition.
- Hanging wire must be firmly attached to the back with screw-eyes or D-rings Wire and should not exceed the top of the frame.
- NO saw-tooth hangers.
- It is recommended that submitted works are wrapped in protective material such as paper or bubble-wrap.
- Submissions that do not meet theme and/or submission guidelines of the exhibit will be excluded at the discretion of ASLD and / or exhibition curator.
Artwork may be dropped off at ASLD’s Registration Office between Monday, December 18 and Friday, December 22 between 8:30-6:30PM.
Please note that the Registration office will be closed Saturday, December 23 through Monday, December 25.