STORIED: PORTRAITS IN PHOTOGRAPHY
Open Call for Artwork by ASLD members
Exhibition Dates: March 3-27, 2023
Location: Art Students League of Denver, 200 Grant St.
Opening Reception: Friday, March 3 | 5:30-8:30PM
Call for Entry: February 4-11, 2023
Artwork Dropoff: February 16-19, 2023
A picture is worth a thousand words and often our very human perceptions fuel very human illusions. This exhibit explores the beauty and the mystery of “humans being.” Throughout history, the portrait has been used to capture a person in a moment in time as much as it has been used to control the narrative of how one is presented, perceived, or remembered. Through the medium of photography, ASLD invites artists to challenge human perceptions of who we think we know and why. Celebrate Month of Photography in Denver with us!
STORIED is an open-call show for active members of ASLD. Only one submission per artist. Artwork submitted for this exhibition can be available for sale at the discretion of the artist with ASLD retaining a 40% commission on sales. The call for entry submission form will be available online from February 4-11, 2023. Submission form will close when there is no longer space available.
All accepted works must have a loan agreement attached at the time of artwork dropoff; you can download the form and bring it with you, or fill out a copy at ASLD on the day of dropoff.
- Each artist must complete the Open Call Entry and Label forms (available online during the call for entry dates) for entry online or in-person at the Registration office at time of drop-off.
- Please attach a photo of your piece with your online submission form.
- Artwork should not exceed dimensions of 36”x48”
- Work must be ready-to-hang or install.
- Pedestals will be provided if necessary. Any additional equipment needed for display must be provided by the artist.
- All photographs or works on paper must be framed.
- NO plastic frames. Black or neutral-toned frames only.
- Frames must be in good condition.
- Works on canvas must be framed or have gallery-wrapped, finished edges with no visible staples.
- Hanging wire must be firmly attached to the back with screw-eyes or D-rings Wire should not exceed the top of the frame.
- NO saw-tooth hangers.
- It is recommended that submitted works are wrapped in a protective material such as paper or bubble wrap (wrapping will not be returned).
- Submissions that do not meet the exhibition theme and/or submission guidelines of the exhibit will be excluded at the discretion of ASLD and/or exhibition curator.
Artwork may be dropped off at ASLD’s Registration office on February 16-19 8:30AM – 6:30PM. Please note that ASLD closes at 4:30PM on Saturdays & Sundays.